Some of us are well into a week if not more of social distancing and isolation. There will be many of us who have found the transition to working from home (or just being at home) challenging. I saw this list a few days ago and thought it a good reminder for those transitioning to work at home. The whole list is below, with some added reminders of my own.
- Decide on a place to work. Make it comfortable.
- Decide on the length of your workday, and set hours.
- Try to minimize distractions while “at work.”
- Remember to eat (Set a timer to help you remember)
- Remember to move around (Set a timer to help you remember)
- Get showered and dressed for work.
- Use work as an opportunity to step out of the news cycle.
- Not getting any work done? Take a break, reset, and continue.
- Anticipate stress if both you and a partner or roommates are home. Talk it through before you reach a tipping point.
- Try to set reasonable goals per day.
- Cut yourself some slack.
Remember, with the added stress of a major transition and quite a few unknowns, it is even more important to take care of your health.